"...You can't kill love. You can't even kill it with hate. You can kill in-love, and loving, and even loveliness. You can kill them all, or numb them into dense, laden regret, but you can't kill love itself. Love is the passionate search for a truth other than your own; and once you feel it, honestly and completely, love is forever. Every act of love, every moment of the heart reaching out, is a part of the universal good: it's a part of God, or what we call God, and it can never die..."
-excerpted from Shantaram, by Gregory David Roberts

Last several days I have consciously chose not to write...ever since Wednesday night's meditation. For starters several things have wore heavily on my heart, can't explain it exactly. So let me start from the beginning. At meditation, we went through the whole process...the breathing for 40 minutes...everyday it becoming easier to do. When the 40 minutes was over we laid in silence for approximately 20 minutes or more. I literally slipped into a deep something...I call it the abyss...nothingness...timelessness. Sounds scary...but its not somehow. I don't quite get it...but it can be a comforting feeling not being identified with anything but just pure being. Hopefully that makes sense. Anyway...I was in something deep...so deep that apparently everyone else heard the cue to awaken...I didn't...and Kumar had to gently nudge my shoulder several times. My eyes flew open...and I laid there for a while not wanting to move...not wanting to disturb the peace and contentment I felt. Alas, I finally rolled over and joined the rest of the group. Amusingly we all were silent...like nothing needed to be said...nothing needed to be explained. Afterwards I thanked Kumar for his time during the week. Next week, he would be introducing another meditation technique...hmmmm...I'm definitely interested. Its good to be exposed to these things...its good to experience...and then decide what suits you best in the long run.
Thursday...did my usual routine following morning practice. However, I finally was able to make another copoeira lesson that evening. Even though I hadn't made a lesson in weeks...my teacher really upped the ante...he made me do some crazy handstand stuff...with kicks in the same sequence...headstands kicking up to handstand...twisting, turning, squatting...sounds like torture...but it is so incredibly fun...and I like the physical challenge. Not only that, it really forces you to be focused because the movements can be incredibly tricky...there is no where else you can be but in the moment with the movement. Hmmm...reminds me of yoga. After the lesson my teacher gave me a ride home on his motorcycle...and it was raining...but we made the best of it by singing songs the whole way to my place...and...yeah...we got quite a few stares from the locals...weird foreigners... they must of thought.
Next morning lead primary...there were two classes held because of the number of students. Later, I had lunch with with some friends...all American...which hasn't happened once since I've been here. It was funny how it worked out that way. One of the guy's in the group is from where else but Columbus, Ohio. Too funny. However, he has lived in Japan for quite a few years...but still he's such an Ohio boy...its like this vibe or something...and an OSU alum..Go Buckeyes! And, of course we had to have a chat about our football team...yes...our football team...typical right? Across the world to do yoga but can still find the time and energy to talk about Ohio State football...hilarious.
So...with no practice on Saturday...I took the opportunity to catch up with an Indian local I met here in Mysore for dinner. He has deeply followed the teachings of Osho and it gave me another opportunity to receive more of an Indian perspective on things. Let's just say it turned out to be pretty interesting...Peace.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger