Shifts

7.8.07















Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed. ~Buddha

For the last several weeks I have been dealing with a shift in my thoracic spine...Its hard to explain...for its not painful...but can be a bit annoying. I did a few sessions of acupuncture to help bring energy flow to the area...hopefully breaking up any congestion. Then today during practice it hit me...when experiencing growth in your body or even in life...the old way of moving or living needs to be no longer. Once that bit of wisdom hit me I approached everything differently...and it made a world of difference. My old way of moving through that area wasn't working for me anymore...and with the growth that I have experienced...it forced me to approach the practice in a whole other way. How wonderful...and what a great metaphor for life...as we grow and change...the old ways just need to fall away...as we move into a new way of being...approaching things with fresh eyes...taking our awareness even deeper. Isn't that what this practice is all about. Not necessarily accomplishment...but deepening...awakening...experiencing...becoming more aware. My body has already been through various changes and I am coming to know that with these growing pains it leads me down another path of exploration and discovery...and when we are in that space...it all comes!! No need to judge...or push against...go with it...flow with it...be with it...and then...everything seems to fall into place.

So...life is interesting...as I have watched things unfold here in Mysore...not just in my practice...which is only a tool...but with my attitude...and the weird coincidences and connections I have made here. It continues to boggle my mind...but hey...I have no complaints. But, I must say...I have heard it time and time again...India...is something...and it does something to you...and I dunno...its strange and magical at the same time...it tugs at your heart somehow. And...unexpectedly I have connected with someone that has come quite unexpected...in a way I can't explain...and like I have said before...there is no need to...because words are words...and the unseen...and the knowing...are what is truly real...The right people just seem to come at the right time. Wow. Amazing. Peace.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger