No, my soul is not asleep.

It is awake, wide awake.
It neither sleeps nor dreams.
but watches,
its eyes wide open,
far-off things, and listens
at the shore of
the
great silence.

~Antonio Machado




I was really looking forward to practice this morning after taking Saturday off, and Sunday, for the moonday. I came to my mat stronger and more in tune, surprisingly. There's something to taking the appropriate days off. The previous two days brought a greater integration into my body. Kind of like the cells were re-aligning during the days of rest. The challenging postures were more fluid and steady. My mind felt clear and centered. And, I have to admit, with the weather getting warmer, my mood feels lighter...which often translates into a lighter feeling body.

Yesterday morning, I made my way back to the Siddha Yoga Meditation center. I'm putting my feelers out for it. I always like to give something new a good run before coming to any conclusions. But, I must say, I leave there feeling incredibly good. After meditation, I sat in on the discussion group, and was blown away...It was one of the most elevating discussions I've ever been a part of. I felt expanded in every direction, and ripped open in a way. Its all very interesting. Its been an interesting time for me. I feel like a sponge...ready to soak as much in, as I can...

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger