If you could get rid of yourself just once, the secret of secrets would open to you. The face of the unknown, hidden beyond the universe would appear on the mirror of your perception.

~ Rumi


Its hot, hot, hot! A different kind of heat with a mixture of intense humidity...I feel it may take a while for my body to accumulate. I've always been a fan of warm weather, but with a mixture of jet lag along with it...well, let's just say I feel out of sorts.

I practiced early in the morning. Wow. That was interesting. With it being so warm my body felt like liquid goo. May sound like a good thing...but it can be a bit unsettling at first...feeling as if there is no resistance in the body at all. I felt unusually light...but, with a bout of dizziness, along with that, I really had to take it slow. It's almost as if I have a new set point to contend with. So, it's gonna be important that I move with focused awareness. Well, I guess that should always be the case...right? I'm keeping it simple practicing Primary Series for the remainder of the week to bring the body and mind into balance.

With the outer environment changed it allows me to practice connecting from center...its challenging no doubt...but this is when the practice of Yoga off the mat begins to translate. We'll see how it goes.


There is a vitality, a life force that is translated through you into action. And because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost.


~Martha Graham


0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger