City Tour

25.11.08



Until you've found pain, you won't reach the cure
Until you've given up life, you won't unite with the supreme soul

Until you've found fire inside yourself, like the Friend,

You won't reach the spring of life, like Khezr.


~ Rumi



I'm really having a good time with the group down by Kaoshung. Monday is my only day off, so I was taken on a preliminary tour of the city. Knowing that my free day is Monday, other students are already bartering for my time in the future by planning various activities. It's funny. They simply want to share a part of their culture with me...how can I resist?

We went to the Tunex tower for lunch. The 13th tallest skyscraper in the world. I was treated to a 5 star, japanese grill lunch. The food was phenomenal. I thought restuarants were only rated up to 4 stars...dunno if the translation was off. Anyway, I was told it was 5...don't matter to me. Gimme 1 star, gimme 20...I haven't eaten at a bad place in Taiwan. It's all good.

The restaurant was on the 36th floor of this massive 86 story building. We had an expansive view of the city. What fun!





Afterward, I was taken to a colossol shopping center named the Dream Mall. A bit overwhelming to say the least. Quickly I was on sensory overload simply walking through the place. It was too much. Lol.

As much as I enjoy a nice outing such as this one, it left me exhausted. I turned in pretty early and called it a day. Hahaha...and the sad thing is, turning in early is like 6:30-7:00pm. No worries. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

2 Insightful Comments:

(0v0) said...

wow. very exciting.

Ab Jagernauth, CGA said...

We visited the 85 storey building when my wife and I were in Kaohsiung two years ago. There is a floor really high up where you can go and have a really great view of the city. There is a fee to go up to that floor.

We left Kaohsiung before the Dream Mall opened. We are looking forward to visiting it when we visit next, which we plan to do in the near future.

One of the stores we loved to visit was Sogo. Across the street from it is a Starbucks where we had coffee almost every day.

We also visited a huge temple/school/monastery complex about an hour outside of Kaohsiung. I loved that place. The meditation hall was the best - calm and peaceful.

The Taiwanese are very open, friendly, and helpful. They are wonderful.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger