Kaoshung

20.11.08





After several days, I'm feeling settled. Moved further south near Kaoshung. An older couple who own the yoga studio where I'm teaching are hosting me. Lovely people. I live on the third floor of their home...houses are built more up than out here. There are five floors. Pretty cool.

Started teaching on Tuesday. Most are novices, however there is a hunger to learn and an eager enthusiasm. It's great. What more could I ask for? The Taiwanese are tireless and hardworking, and it definitely translates over into their practice. I appreciate the dynamic they bring. It keeps me on my toes.

We've also shared a few laughs. I was helping one student into Supta K, while the woman next to her watched intently...I looked at her and said, you're next...she politely waved and made a face as if to say...no, I won't be doing that. I smiled and laughed...told her not to worry...piece of cake...she was in, in no time flat. I guess it helps not to take it all too seriously, while in the same breath, taking practitioners to their edge...an easing of tension, while still pushing the envelope...bringing one into a place beyond the mind of what I can and can't do.

4 Insightful Comments:

DMartini said...

All the best to ur teaching! :)

Tracy said...

what great memories you are making lg! so wonderful~
xxoo

Fida said...

I so love your reporting.

peaceloveyoga said...

Thanks everyone!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger