Ties that Bind

5.3.09

"One for all, and all for one."

~ Three Musketeer Motto









"There is no difficulty that enough Love will not conquer; no disease that enough Love will not heal; no door that enough Love will not open; no gulf that enough Love will not bridge; no wall that enough Love will not throw down; no sin that enough Love will not redeem. . . It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the troubles. How hopeless the outlook. How muddled the tangle; how great the mistake. A sufficient realization of Love will dissolve it all. If only you could Love enough you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the world."


~ Emmet Fox


Living in Mysore, experiencing the practice, is nothing less than incredible. Beyond that, connections are made outside the shala that make the total experience all the more profound. I've met people from every corner of the world, and we all wake up early to consciously breathe, move and sweat together. As we burn our internal fire, we ignite a force much bigger than ourselves. Being in the presence of this is amazing.

When entering the shala every morning I feel an immense amount of gratitude having the opportunity to travel all this way to practice. The gratitude extends toward those who practice next to, and around me. It is as if we are a symphony of souls, each playing our own instrument, in a room brewing with energy. Doesn't get much better than that. To everyone, I'm extremely thankful they made the journey as well...as I am of my teachers, Sharath and Sarawati...and to those I practice with, have taught me more than I could have imagined would be available.

No man or woman is an island.

Even though we must walk through our own challenges alone, mustering up the courage to evolve and grow, the choices we make also affect those around us. I'm learning the more I listen to my own inner voice, and address my essential needs, such as giving myself the time and space to plug in internally, then I have much more to give others. When in the proper space I'm better equipped to reset my intention, if for some reason, I've felt pushed and pulled into too many directions.

With all that being said, I feel as if the true blessing comes from the residual effect of the practice. An opening of the heart, or a releasing of a karmic pattern that has left me blind to a greater and more loving experience. I guess, it all comes down to awareness. An awakening of consciousness. When we become more clear, eyes and heart wide open, then we are better able to feel what is inside and the ties that bind us all together.

As I listen to other people's stories, some heart breaking...some incredibly inspiring...their stories become my own. And the spirit of this incredible yoga practice is not done in vain. We become less concerned with what it is that we deserve and more in tune with what is best for the collective. All in all, it only blesses, and no one is left behind.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger