A Portrait

30.8.10


Celebrating my birthday last Saturday, one of my gifts included the inspirational book, Guruji: A Portrait of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois Through the Eyes of His Students (Thanks DF). I've known about it for some time and had been looking forward to it's release, and let me tell you, it was well worth the wait. I'm hanging onto every word like a life raft - loving every story told in the book.

Though my time with Guruji was brief, I can identify with how life changing being in his presence was. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone who is connected to the practice of Ashtanga yoga in any way. It's amazing how alive he's living in all of our hearts. Through his tireless energy and devotion, and of course his passion for yoga, he touched the world with love and enthusiasm.

In this book you'll intimately experience all that he gave.

Thank you Guy Donahaye, and Eddie Stern for compiling the stories.

Thank you Guruji. ♥

3 Insightful Comments:

Louise said...

I'm also reading this at the moment and savouring every word. I know I'll read it more than once but the first time is so sweet. A brilliantly inspired compilation of experiences with a very brilliantly lit human being.
{*}

Boodiba said...

It's a beautiful book. I think every astangi should read it!

Oddly it's inspired me to work a lot less hard. It's funny. It's helping me realize more why I practice, what's important and what's not.

peaceloveyoga said...

I totally agree Boodiba, every ashtangi should read it!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger