The One You Are Looking For

28.1.12

Mysore, India

"If you remain in the present moment, you will never get hurt. Forget about your past life. Forget about your future life. Unless your open your heart, unless you jump into the inner abyss, you are not going to become enlightened. Ultimately, you have to knock on your own door; you have to beg at your own door; you have to come back to yourself."
- Hindu Teaching 

"The one you are looking for is the one who is looking." This saying has given profound meaning to me as of late. The search is over. I only need look inward. Utilizing the tools, such as yoga, meditation, chanting, prayer, etc., drive us deeper into ourselves. However, we must choose to do so. These practices make the season ripe for inner knowing and connection, but if we become enamored more with the ceremony than what we are looking toward it is easy to miss the mark. All in all, no matter, it is important that we simply make the effort.

I have clearly observed the array of follies and insecurities that can arise within, or maybe not so clearly. How quickly I can mistrust myself when rubbed up against certain external situations. In retrospect, I always end up a bit disappointed that I didn't trust the inner knowing present. It can be so easy to deny this wisdom. As I mature it becomes more evident that the answers don't lie anywhere beyond my reach.
Truth undermines the self to which we so desperately cling. The truth is not hidden from us, we are hiding from it.”  - Kabbalah
Thank God, I have the practice of yoga.

Through it all, as I dive inside, that is where the praise ends up going. God. Yes, even bringing up the word has a tendency to freak people out. As my relationship and comfort in relying on this internal wisdom has grown, I have found my relationship with God, or whatever you want to call it, exalts itself into an intimate space. It's personal. It's quiet. It speaks in whispers and little nudges. It's gentle.

There is never a need to boast or verbalize what it is we do to connect. It doesn't matter. There is no need for competition. We are all made of the same stuff. We are connected to the same source. Truth. Imposing any type of arrogance into the practices we do sucks the essence out of our true nature. We've missed the mark. I guess that too is part of the process.

At the end of the day I feel the importance of relaxing about it all because it is here, now, in these intimate moments, always has been, always will be.

1 Insightful Comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully spoken and so wise; I resonate deeply with your words of wisdom.


with Love
Namaste
Shea

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger