Healthy Joint Tonic and Much More: Golden Milk

23.10.13


Got joint issues or want to implement a practice that will benefit your overall health? Welcome to the miracles of turmeric! What are the benefits of turmeric exactly? Well for one it is a natural anti-inflammatory, which let's face it we could all use from time to time. Also, it is known for its' anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties. The list goes on. This healing herb from India is cost effective and worth having in your kitchen especially when learning all the good that it does. I've started taking turmeric in the form of Golden Milk to help alleviate a bit of joint and muscle pain I've been experiencing lately. I figure I have nothing to loose so might as well try it.

Benefits Include
  • Supports healthy joint function.
  • Promotes radiant healthy skin.
  • Improves digestion.
  • Promotes healthy blood and liver function.
  • 5 - 8 times stronger than vitamin E and stronger than vitamin C.
  • Research has found it has cancer fighting properties.

Believe me, I could have added much more to the list. Do the research and you will understand what I mean. 

Below is the recipe for Golden Milk with the above video. I have already made my first cup and really enjoyed it. I think it will make a suitable nightcap as I settle down at the end of my day. I also added Udo's oil like was suggested in the video. Feel free to use any type of milk you choose. I actually used an organic coconut/rice milk combination, sweetened with a dab of organic maple syrup. Loved it.  

Turmeric recipe

Take 1/4 cup turmeric powder, mix with 1/2 cup pure water and simmer over medium-high heat for at least 7 minutes, stirring constantly. You will notice a thick paste form. If it get's too dry while cooking you can add addional water. Once cooled, put into a glass jar and put in fridge. This is good for up to one month. 

Golden Milk:

Add 1 tsp. to 1 cup. hot milk (cow, goat, soy, rice, almond, or any combination), maple syrup or honey to taste and 1/2 tsp. of almond or sesame oil. Gently heat and stir. 

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger